Below are a few "quick start" documents, to get you up and running with Commotion fast. For community organizing, learning and planning activities, see the full Commotion Construction Kit.
For choosing routers and hardware for your network
For installing and setting up Commotion for the first time:
- Understanding Commotion (coming soon!)
- Install on a Ubiquiti AirMax Router
- Install on a Ubiquiti UniFi router
- Install on a TP-Link Router
- Install on a MikroTik Router
- Configure the Commotion software
For the different ways to set up Commotion hardware - by itself, with connections to the Internet or other networks, with local servers, or with multiple nodes on a building:
- Common Hardware Setups
- Advanced Hardware Setups
- Access Point Setup - How to configure Access Points to connect to your mesh routers.
Guides to using local applications on your network:
For installing your Commotion nodes permanently on rooftops or in buildings:
For setting up an installation environment - for example, with certain MikroTik routers:</strong>
Commotion Guides and How-tos are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Please share any derivative works with the Commotion community by emailing the Commotion-discuss list, or Tweeting with the hashtag #commotion.